Thursday, July 12, 2007

Designing Instruction is like "Buying a Home

To me, Designing Instruction is like buying a house. ADDIE steps are represented by the house purchasing process. Okay, let me explain what I mean. The analysis is searching for a house and deciding which house to purchase. This step needs to be completed in order to continue the process. How large does it need to be? How much am I willing to spend? What location do I want? Also during this stage the purchaser needs to qualify for a loan. Once these questions are answered the buyer can move on to searching for the home. The design is setting up appointments to view properties that meet your requirements. The development stage is where you have made a decision on a home. The purchaser needs to need make an offer. For example, your Realtor and you will give the seller a written offer ($200,000). This is the negotiating stage of the process. Then, when you and the seller are both comfortable with the price of the home, you can proceed. It is important to remember that when the offer is accepted you have entered into a contract. Next the implementation process begins. This is the actually signing of all the papers to get the key to your new home. This important step is called closing and I call it the "Congratulations Stage." Now that you have purchased the home you are going to evaluate . Obviously, throughout this whole process you have been evaluating the home and the feasibility of the purchase. Since you are moved in you will continue to evaluate the home for years to come. Now that you have completed the home buying process you can you can live happily ever after, but eventually, you may need to start this process again. Reflecting on your purchase is also part of the evaluation stage.

2 comments:

Jennifer M. said...

I like the visuals you provide with all of your blog postings. Keeps everything interesting! I also like your analogy. If is very useful and helpful in reinforcing the principals of design.

Wendy W. Clark said...

Your pictures inspired me to make a few changes to my blog site. Knew about blogs but never used them until this class. I has been fun learning more about them. After learning more about the design process, it does seem to fit the analogy in regards to buying a home, which I have done several times!